Here are some tips from the University of Maryland Home and Garden Information Center on caring for your Poinsettias.
- Continue removing diseased leaves
- Mulch or compost healthy leaves.
- Continue planting hardy, spring-flowering bulbs.
- Trees and shrubs can be planted until ground freezes.
- After blooming, cut mums back to 6 inches above ground.
- Dig hole now if you will be planting a “live” Christmas tree.
- Mid-month, pot amaryllis for winter holiday bloom.
- Clean out post; store non-frost proof containers in garage or basement.
Source: University of Maryland Home and Garden Information Center http://extension.umd.edu/hgic