- Remove spent lilac and rhododendron blossoms
- Pinch buds of fall-blooming plants (asters, mums, Joe-Pye weed).
- Prune azaleas directly after blooming
- Check out the June 2015 Home and Garden Information Center Newsletter (In this issue: Calvert County June 6 | Intro to Floral Design June 13 | Bugs, Slugs, and other Garden Thugs June 20 | Microgreens June 27 | Companion Planting) for some helpful gardening tips!
- Have questions? Ask a Master Gardener (see below for our Derwood contacts)
|Derwood Extension Office-Ballard Room|
Hotline & walk-in clinic Tues & Thurs 301-590-9650
|Mon. - Fri. 10AM - 1PM
|Derwood Extension Office- Demo Garden Clinic - |
Drop off insect and plant samples
|Tuesday 8AM - 12PM
|Ask an Expert Master Gardener (online)|